Good evening Wildcat families,
The LMS staff is working extremely hard to prepare for the upcoming school year. Though this will certainly be different than anything we have experienced, we are excited to welcome our students back to school, whether it is virtually or face to face.
Here are a few notes about the opening of school:
Registration for the upcoming school year will be online. On Monday, August 17, 2020, you will receive an email with instructions telling you how to access the Online Registration and a secure code (snapcode) that you will use to register your child. This information will be shared again prior to August 17. I am attaching a letter explaining the details of Online Registration. There will also be two Family Registration Help Days should you need assistance, a device, or network access. The two days for Midway and feeder schools to River Bluff High School are Thursday, August 20, and Monday, August 24, and will be hosted at River Bluff High School. LMS will have representatives present for these events.
LEAP Days (August 17th – 21st)
1. Please note that this is not required and that any student who is not participating will receive the same attention and assessment during the first two weeks of school. So, if you missed the deadline to register or just weren’t able to make this happen, please do not worry. We will still support and serve your child. Thank you to those who were able to take advantage of this opportunity.
2. Virtual Teachers will communicate with parents about virtual LEAP experiences for students in the Lexington One Online Learning Academy.
3. Letters have been sent home to participating LEAP students that identifies your student’s specific day for attending.
4. Masks are required to be worn by LMS staff and students for all face-to-face learning (LEAP days and traditional school days.) We will also practice social distancing.
5. No parents or guardians will enter the building during LEAP. Please drop your children off in the Dreher St. car loop, we will be there to greet them and help them get to the Theatre to begin their day.
The first official day of school is Monday, August 31, 2020, for Cohort A, and September 2, for Cohort B, Cohort assignments will be confirmed soon. The school instructional hours will be 8: 30 a.m. until 3:20 p.m. following the AA/BB hybrid schedule. Arrival and dismissal times will be extended prior to the start and after the dismissal to allow for distancing during these times. We will communicate more later about this.
I am also attaching a supply list for you to use as your family prepares for the school year. Thank you for your support and we look forward to working with you this year.
Principal, Lexington Middle School